There has been a recent bout of lovely warm weather in the UK. BBQs have been dusted off, punch bowls filled and flip flips donned. For all you BBQ lovers, who still want to remain healthy (or perhaps just allow extra room for dessert) here's a figure-friendly recipe that went down a storm.
- 2 boneless fillets of salmon
- Small handful of button mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1/3 cup natural plain yoghurt
- 3 tbsp red pesto
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Cut the salmon into 1 inch cubes. Stir the yoghurt, basil and pesto together in a bowl. Mix in the chunks of salmon and season with plenty of salt and pepper. Leave to marinate for around 2 hours. Meanwhile, soak the kebab skewers in water to prevent them from burning when placed on a grill or BBQ.
- Dry the skewers with a few sheets of kitchen towel. Thread chunks of salmon, wedges of onion and the button mushrooms on to the skewers. Brush the kebabs with the remaining marinade.
- Cook under a hot grill or on a BBQ for around 8 minutes, turning once. Enjoy!