In the UK yesterday, we celebrated Pancake Day. Lots of lemons were bought, and pancake races were held up and down the country. My husband and I had pancakes for breakfast, and we decided to break from the traditional lemon and sugar toppings and opt for a scrummy butterscotch sauce.
This recipe below is definitely a keeper. I'll be making it many more times!
- 50g/2oz butter
- 50g/2oz golden syrup
- Vanilla pod, split
- Lemon juice (approx 1/3 lemon)
- 75ml/2½fl oz double cream
- Place the butter, brown sugar, golden syrup and vanilla pod in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice to taste.
- Stir in the double cream.
- Remove the vanilla pod before serving.