Welcome to my yummy blog!




"Tis an ill cook that cannot lick his own fingers......" Shakespeare.




Followers


Food Blog Search:

About me:

My photo
Welcome to my blog. I live in the UK, I'm 23 and have a huge passion for baking. Thanks for stopping by!

Labels


I received a Happy 101 award from Baking Monster!

A few of my favourite blogs ▼


Pink Parsley's blog:

Pink Parsley

Tanja's Cupcakes:

The Sisters Cafe:

Allister Bee:

Creations by Kara:

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Pancake Day - Butterscotch Sauce


In the UK yesterday, we celebrated Pancake Day. Lots of lemons were bought, and pancake races were held up and down the country. My husband and I had pancakes for breakfast, and we decided to break from the traditional lemon and sugar toppings and opt for a scrummy butterscotch sauce.

This recipe below is definitely a keeper. I'll be making it many more times!




Ingredients
  • 50g/2oz butter
  • 50g/2oz golden syrup
  • Vanilla pod, split
  • Lemon juice (approx 1/3 lemon)
  • 75ml/2½fl oz double cream
Directions
  1. Place the butter, brown sugar, golden syrup and vanilla pod in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer.
  2. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice to taste.
  3. Stir in the double cream.
  4. Remove the vanilla pod before serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Diseñado por: Compartidísimo
Scrapping elementos: Deliciouscraps©