Welcome to my yummy blog!




"Tis an ill cook that cannot lick his own fingers......" Shakespeare.




Followers


Food Blog Search:

About me:

My photo
Welcome to my blog. I live in the UK, I'm 23 and have a huge passion for baking. Thanks for stopping by!

Labels


I received a Happy 101 award from Baking Monster!

A few of my favourite blogs ▼


Pink Parsley's blog:

Pink Parsley

Tanja's Cupcakes:

The Sisters Cafe:

Allister Bee:

Creations by Kara:

Monday 3 January 2011

One Little Word


Only three days of 2011 have passed, and already Christmas feels miles behind us. In the spirit of a fresh, new year, several bloggers have inspired me to take part in Ali Edwards One Little Word. Just a single word that sums up what you want to achieve in the year ahead. A word that has a personal meaning for you, to carry with you each day.

My first instinct was to choose "happy." But quickly I realised that happiness is something I am not always entirely honest about. "Happiness" is an image that many of us like to project, regardless of it's sincerity. So with that in mind, my word for 2011 is....


True. As in, to be true to oneself. It occurs to me that in this day and age, we often tend to look outside of ourselves for acceptance and approval. Sometimes in life, our insecurities take control and we may feel the need to pretend that we are something we are not.

But there is always time for change.

I leave you with this:

Sweet Truth is a queen proud and mighty. Her throne is in heaven above. - Ardelia Cotton Barton

Cat x

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great post! Thank you for the inspiration

Post a Comment

 
 

Diseñado por: Compartidísimo
Scrapping elementos: Deliciouscraps©