Welcome to my yummy blog!




"Tis an ill cook that cannot lick his own fingers......" Shakespeare.




Followers


Food Blog Search:

About me:

My photo
Welcome to my blog. I live in the UK, I'm 23 and have a huge passion for baking. Thanks for stopping by!

Labels


I received a Happy 101 award from Baking Monster!

A few of my favourite blogs ▼


Pink Parsley's blog:

Pink Parsley

Tanja's Cupcakes:

The Sisters Cafe:

Allister Bee:

Creations by Kara:

Sunday 12 September 2010

Teriyaki Salmon


I'm a big fan of teriyaki chicken, although I've never made it. I had never tried teriyaki salmon, and as we had a couple of fillets in the freezer I decided to give it a go. I really liked this recipe because it's tasty, simple and healthy. I would probably serve it with brown rice in future to make it even healthier.



Ingredients:
  • 2 salmon fillets
  • Small chunk of ginger, finely chopped
  • Small chili, finely chopped
  • 2 large cloves of garlic, crushed
  • 5 chopped spring onions (scallions)
  • 5 tbsp dark soy sauce
  • 5 tbsp clear honey
  • 1 lime, zest and juice
Directions:
  1. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the ginger, garlic, chili and onions.
  2. Add the zest and juice of the lime and pour in the soy sauce. Add the honey and cook for one minute until heated through and sticky.
  3. Meanwhile, pan-fry the two pieces of salmon for 2 minutes each side in a hot griddle pan.
  4. When the sauce is reduced add the salmon to the teriyaki sauce frying pan, and coat in the sauce.
  5. Serve with salad and noodles/rice.
Serves 2.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Diseñado por: Compartidísimo
Scrapping elementos: Deliciouscraps©