Welcome to my yummy blog!




"Tis an ill cook that cannot lick his own fingers......" Shakespeare.




Followers


Food Blog Search:

About me:

My photo
Welcome to my blog. I live in the UK, I'm 23 and have a huge passion for baking. Thanks for stopping by!

Labels


I received a Happy 101 award from Baking Monster!

A few of my favourite blogs ▼


Pink Parsley's blog:

Pink Parsley

Tanja's Cupcakes:

The Sisters Cafe:

Allister Bee:

Creations by Kara:

Tuesday 28 December 2010

Lemon and Strawberry Hearts


Perhaps these little treats are too summery for this time of year, but they're so dinky and light I can't resist knocking up a batch whenever I have some cream that needs using up. Cream usually needs to be used within three days, and if I have no use for it (or in this case - I'm sick of drizzling it over mince pies) I whip it, and stir in lemon juice/zest and some icing sugar. The lemon helps preserve the cream, meaning that you can enjoy it for a few days more. I use it to sandwich puff pastry hearts that I've cut from a ready rolled sheet (and then drizzled with chocolate). Throw in a few sliced strawberries and you have the perfect little dessert.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yum! These look good!

Cakes by R.C./Sweet creations by R.C. said...

Oh My, The lemon and strawberry treats sooo yummy, i definately gotta try this.Thanks for sharing ;-)

Post a Comment

 
 

Diseñado por: Compartidísimo
Scrapping elementos: Deliciouscraps©