The weather has turned cold and it's really put me in the mood for warm, comforting food. However the long, dark evenings have rendered me far too lazy to want to fiddle around in the kitchen for hours, preparing complicated dishes.
I thought of this recipe one Sunday breakfast time. By mid-morning they were baking, and by lunchtime we were enjoying them with a nice cup of tea. Simple!
Please forgive the laziness of this recipe.
- One pack of Jus-Rol ready made puff pastry.
- One pack of good quality sausage meat.
- One jar of caramelised red onion marmalade.
- Dried thyme.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet.
- Spread thickly with the marmalade.
- Press an even layer of the sausage meat over the onion layer. Roll the puff pastry horizontally, until you have a long pastry 'sausage' (see below). Egg wash the pastry flap to the pastry roll so that it sticks.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes, then cut into around 20 swirlies with a sharp knife.
- Lay each swirly on a greased baking tray and egg wash. Sprinkle with dried thyme.
- Bake a 180 degrees celcius for around 20 minutes.