Welcome to my yummy blog!




"Tis an ill cook that cannot lick his own fingers......" Shakespeare.




Followers


Food Blog Search:

About me:

My photo
Welcome to my blog. I live in the UK, I'm 23 and have a huge passion for baking. Thanks for stopping by!

Labels


I received a Happy 101 award from Baking Monster!

A few of my favourite blogs ▼


Pink Parsley's blog:

Pink Parsley

Tanja's Cupcakes:

The Sisters Cafe:

Allister Bee:

Creations by Kara:

Thursday 3 June 2010

Pasta Con Verdure Arrosto

As extravagant as this recipe sounds, it translates to "Pasta with Roasted Vegetables" which means it's relatively straightforward. This dish is one of my favourites, and is especially good in the summer when the tomatoes will be at their best.


Ingredients
  • 8 large tomatoes, quartered roughly
  • 2 red onions, diced
  • 1 courgette, sliced
  • 2 yellow peppers, de-seeded and roughly chopped
  • 380g dried pasta - I used Spiralini
  • Dash of both balsamic vinegar and olive oil
  • Handful of freshly chopped basil
  • 1 tbsp concentrated tomato puree
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius / 350 degrees fahrenheit.
  2. Put the tomatoes, onion, courgette and peppers in a large casserole dish. Drizzle over olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and shake the casserole dish to coat the vegetables. Roast the vegetables for 30-40 minutes, or until very tender and caramelised.
  3. Boil the pasta in a pan of boiling water for 10-12 minutes, stirring once. Drain the pasta and return to the pan, but remove from heat.
  4. Tip the roasted vegetables in with the pasta, along with the tomato puree, and a little olive oil. Add a dash more balsamic vinegar and some black pepper and salt. Heat gently for one minute until all of the ingredients are combined.
  5. Stir through the basil a few second before serving. Top with shaved parmesan if you wish.
Serves 4

1 comments:

Jamie Kline (Bookerella) said...

This looks REALLY yummy, I'm going to have to try it! I love your blog, you have a little bit of everything which is awesome. Mine is just cakes and the like, but you can check it our if you want =) I'm following you now!

Post a Comment

 
 

Diseñado por: Compartidísimo
Scrapping elementos: Deliciouscraps©