Welcome to my yummy blog!




"Tis an ill cook that cannot lick his own fingers......" Shakespeare.




Followers


Food Blog Search:

About me:

My photo
Welcome to my blog. I live in the UK, I'm 23 and have a huge passion for baking. Thanks for stopping by!

Labels


I received a Happy 101 award from Baking Monster!

A few of my favourite blogs ▼


Pink Parsley's blog:

Pink Parsley

Tanja's Cupcakes:

The Sisters Cafe:

Allister Bee:

Creations by Kara:

Saturday 5 June 2010

Soft Brown Sugar Shortbread Fingers


My husband adores shortbread, and whilst I like it too, my favourite biscuit is always going to be something of the chocolate variety! But as shortbread is so simple (especially this recipe!) I have no problem knocking up a batch for him every now and then. I created this recipe by accident whilst making a shortcake base for another recipe. This recipe uses brown sugar, and more butter than usual shortbread recipes which gives it a soft texture and wonderful caramel flavour.


Ingredients:
  • 6 oz. unsalted butter, cut up
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1⁄2 tsp. salt
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit / 175 degrees celcius. In food processor, combine all ingredients. Process until mixture just holds together.
  2. Grease a 13-in by 9-in baking pan with Butter. Crumble mixture into the pan; press evenly into bottom of pan. Cut the mixture with a sharp knife (one line across the middle and several vertical lines, to make fingers).
  3. Bake about 20 min until golden.
  4. Once cooled, lift the soft shortbread fingers out of the pan.

Makes 16 Fingers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Diseñado por: Compartidísimo
Scrapping elementos: Deliciouscraps©