Welcome to my yummy blog!




"Tis an ill cook that cannot lick his own fingers......" Shakespeare.




Followers


Food Blog Search:

About me:

My photo
Welcome to my blog. I live in the UK, I'm 23 and have a huge passion for baking. Thanks for stopping by!

Labels


I received a Happy 101 award from Baking Monster!

A few of my favourite blogs ▼


Pink Parsley's blog:

Pink Parsley

Tanja's Cupcakes:

The Sisters Cafe:

Allister Bee:

Creations by Kara:

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Maple and Pecan Cheesecake

I love making cheesecakes. Any kind, any time, anywhere. I would probably bathe in cheesecake if it were possible. The great thing about them, is once you've mastered the basic recipe you can make all kinds of wonderful variations. This is a little no-bake cheesecake I invented for two rumbly tumblies.



Ingredients:
  • Crushed digestive biscuits / graham crackers (I used 8 to make two individual cheesecakes)
  • 3 tbsps butter (To every 8 crushed biscuits/cracker)
  • 250g soft cream cheese
  • 90ml double cream
  • 30g icing sugar
  • 85g cushed pecan nuts
  • 3 tbsps maple syrup
Directions:
  1. To make the crust, melt the butter either in a microwave or in a pan over a low heat and stir into the crushed biscuits and crushed pecans. If the mixture is too dry for your taste, add a little more melted butter.
  2. Press the crust mixture into two ramekins, cooking rings or a small springform pan.
  3. In a seperate bowl, add the cream cheese, double cream, icing sugar and maple syrup. Stir until combined.
  4. Press the cheese mix onto the crust. Drizzle a little maple syrup over top and finish with a cluster of pecans. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours or more before serving.
Yields 2 generous servings - perfect for a cosy night in!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 

Diseñado por: Compartidísimo
Scrapping elementos: Deliciouscraps©